Header image alt text

First Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany


Generosity is a spiritual practice!  Gifts of time, talent and treasure are our opportunity to grow together as individuals and as a community sharing a common purpose.

 Like all healthy congregations, Albany UU needs not only an energetic and committed membership in order to grow and thrive, it also needs ongoing financial support.  There are several ways you can give to Albany UU.


Pledge.  The most important way to give to Albany UU is to pledge to contribute a certain amount for a specific fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). For current members and friends, this pledge is made during our annual Stewardship Drive in the spring.  We encourage new members and friends to pledge as soon as they are prepared to make a commitment to Albany UU and then to pledge each successive year during the Stewardship Drive.

Donate.  Another way to give to Albany UU is to make a direct contribution or gift.  Contributions can be given at any time. You can donate in cash, by check, by debit or credit, or through a transfer of stock.

Endow.  Your gift or bequst to the Society’s Endowment Trust will help sustain our vital and nurturing congregational life, support our Society’s dreams for tomorrow, and maintain the beacon of Unitarian Universalism in our community.


Regardless of how you give, there are several ways to pay.

Online.  Click on the Online Giving button on this page.  You may set up an automatic recurring payment or make a one-time payment from your bank account or credit card. Please realize that there is a charge to Albany UU for credit and debit card donations: you have the option to select the box to add an additional amount to offset the charge.

By Check.  You can mail a check to Albany UU or place a check in the collection plate on Sunday.  Be sure to note on the “Memo” line the purpose of the payment (e.g., Pledge and the year, RE registration, Auction, Endowment Trust, etc.). You can also set up automatic payments through your own bank.

By Cash. If you wish a cash contribution to be recorded in your name, please enclose it in an envelope with your name on it and put it in the collection plate. Labeled envelopes are available at the service.

Transfer of Stock.  You can pay by transferring ownership of stock to Albany UU. Call the office for more information.