Religious Education: Parent/Caretaker Questionnaire
I am excited to have your child in our Religious Education Program this year. As your Director of Religious Education, I want to partner with you and the RE volunteers to make Sunday morning experiences at Albany UU fun, safe, and positive for your child. Here is an optional questionnaire so that the volunteers and I can get to know your child, how they learn best, and what you hope your child will get out of this experience.
Please answer each question with as much or as little detail as you like. All of your answers will be kept confidential, and only shared with RE Staff and volunteer guides who will support your child this year. You are welcome to update your answers at any time by emailing me at email@example.com. Parents may also contact me by calling the office at Albany UU at 463-7135 if you prefer to share information about your child verbally.
- What do you hope your child will get out of RE this year?
- What makes your child the happiest? What are your child’s favorite things (toys, books, TV shows, people, activities, etc.)?
- How does your child learn the best (listening, watching, hands-on, reading, writing, moving, etc.)? Are some learning modalities harder for your child (listening, watching, hands-on, reading, writing, moving, etc.)?
- Does your child have any health issues, challenges or disabilities that you would like us to know about? We want to make sure that your child feels comfortable in RE and that we support their needs as best that we can. Please provide as much detail as you would like, including strategies to help them feel safe and focused.
- If your child has a disability, do they have a formal diagnosis? Is your child aware of the diagnosis? Would you be willing to work out a plan with Leah for your child for the RE program?
- How can we best soothe your child if they are upset?
- What other things would you like us to know about your child?
- Please cut and paste a photo of your child here.