MARK YOUR CALENDARS, EVERYONE!
Tues, Aug 26 and Wed, Aug 27; 9:00 am-1:00 pm – Volunteers are packing school backpacks for parents from the FOCUS Food pantry and distributing them on Thurs Aug 28 and Fri Aug 29; 9:00 am-1:00 pm.
• Contact Becca Leet, who is coordinating this event at email@example.com. It’s very important that she know how many volunteers to expect, so make sure to email her. Families are welcome to volunteer.
• Starting in mid-Aug everyone can make a donation of school supplies to the backpacks. See http://members.albanyuu.org/wp/pdf/FOCUS_School_Supplies.pdf
Wed, Aug 27 at 7:00 pm – Blessing of the Backpacks
• We’ll gather in the lobby to reflect on and honor our hopes for the coming year. Bring your own school backpacks to be blessed and we’ll send out our good wishes to all those who are starting a new venture this fall. I’ll have handouts for suggestions for morning parting words for parents to their children.
• Afterwards we’ll celebrate with ice cream and Italian Ice in Channing Hall
• I could use some volunteers to help set up, serve and clean up the refreshments. Let me know if you can help out.
Sun, Sept 7, 10:00 am – Ingathering Service for All
• The Sunday after Labor Day marks the beginning of the traditional year. Children and their families attend the service in Emerson Hall. Parents and caregivers may bring infants and toddlers upstairs for childcare, if they like, starting at 9:45.
• Bring a small amount of water from your summer adventures. It’s our tradition to invite everyone to come forward and pour their water into a common bowl.
• We have a slide show of photos of everyone’s summer adventures. Send a photo or two of your summer fun to our administrator, Alyssa Yeager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug 29 if you would like to be included.
Sun, Sept 14, 11:45 am to about 2:00 pm – Picnic in the Park
• After Sunday school, (around 11:30) everyone is invited to gather near the playground at Washington Park for games and lunch.
• Bring your own picnic lunch and Frisbees and lawn games to share. I’ll bring the parachute!