STAFF CONTACT NUMBERS AND BIOGRAPHIES
GENERAL PHONE AND FAX NUMBERS
- Phone: (518) 463-7135
- Fax: (518) 463-1429
Amy Lent, Church Administrator
Amy is responsible for and can assist you with:
- General direction and administration of church operations and facility management
- Supervision of administrative and custodial staff including managing human resources
- Congregational communications
- Support for church programs in general, the Board of Trustees, and the Public Relations, Building Use, and Building and Grounds committees
- Support for the membership process—from welcoming guests on Sunday morning to answering newcomers’ questions and supporting the membership committee.
Amy is a member of the Association of UU Administrators and the UU Association of Membership Professionals, and served as chair of the St. Lawrence District Growth Committee.
Leah Purcell, Director of Religious Education
Leah is responsible for:
- Assisting people of all ages explore and develop their religious beliefs in the context of our seven UU principles. The greatest and most direct involvement of the DRE is with programming at Albany UU for children and youth.
- Leah partners with parents by equipping them with resources to become actively and intentionally involved in the religious growth of their children. She is also a resource for parents when they are having difficulties in their family lives.
- Leah lends guidance, support and direct involvement with Religious Education programming for lifespan faith development for adults (of any age).
- Leah is a member of Albany UU’s Safe Congregation Task Force which guides implementation of the Board’s policy, Toward a Safe Congregation.
- Leah participates in and facilitates the activities of UU organizations in the larger world. This includes the Capital Region UU’s of NY (CRUUNY) cluster, the St. Lawrence District, the Central East Regional Group and LREDA (Liberal Religious Educators Association).
Leah received her RE credentialing through the Unitarian Universalist Association in 2011 at the Credentialed level. She is the convener of the DRE’s of CRUUNY. She serves on the St. Lawrence Nominating Committee. She also serves on the LREDA 21st Century Fund Grant Committee and as a mentor in the credentialing program through the Unitarian Universalist Association.
Tammy Hathaway, Administrative Assistant
Tammy is the former Office Administrator of the Bismark-Mandan Unitarian Universalist Fellowship in Bismark, North Dakota. She is now working as the Administrative Assistant for Albany UU half-time. Tammy can assist Albany UUs with room reservations, financial questions, publications and volunteering. Her office hours are 9:00-1:00 Monday/Tuesday and 9:00-3:00 Thursday/Friday.